What is Kastle?
Kastle is a user management, visitor management and access control integration. It allows you to manage profiles in one place, avoiding double data entry and create a seamless visitor experience.
The following data is synced from Kastle to VTS Rise:
- Access Control Groups
Data Flow and Synchronization Process
- Tenants: VTS Rise syncs tenant names.
- Occupants: VTS Rise syncs first name, last name, email and phone number. All Occupants will come in under one occupant type that is assigned in property settings.
- Occupants must have an email address in their Kastle profile in order to sync to VTS Rise.
- Access Control Groups.
- Visitors are synced from VTS Rise to Kastle.
- Visitor details such as name, email and visitor schedule sync. If an email address is not added, a dummy email address is created for that visitoron the VTS Rise side.
- Visitors are created from the VTS Rise admin portal, Staff portal or User app. Visitors are then pushed to Kastle with the access level granted in VTS Rise.
VTS Rise and Kastle Sync Methods
- Tenants, Occupants, and Access Control Groups are synced from Kastle to VTS Rise during the nightly sync. These can also be synced manually from the VTS Rise admin portal under "Occupant."
- A separate nightly refresh is run at midnight (local time of your property) to delete the previous day’s visitors from the Kastle system and add new visitors for the day. Visitors can also be deleted from the VTS Rise portal, which will be reflected in Kastle.
- Scans from Kastle readers will appear in Access Logs in VTS Rise.
If your property is utilizing self-registration, Property Admins will be sent an email with the user's information once they have completed self-registration. You will then need to add it to Kastle in order for the mobile credentials and access groups to work. The user's email must be added to Kastle, as it acts as the source of truth. Occupants sync from Kastle to VTS Rise. If the email has already been added to Kastle, the self-registration will auto-sync.
For further questions on the integration or on how to establish the integration, please reach out to the Client Success team at VTS Rise!