What are Webhooks?
A Webhook is an event that triggers communication between two platforms.
How can I use a Webhook?
Webhooks can be used to initiate an action on another platform when something happens in VTS Activate.
- Webhooks can be sent to other platforms that can accept them, such as Stripe for payment processing.
- Webhooks can be sent to middleware platforms such as Tray.io and Zapier that connect with a wide range of other platforms.
What triggers a Webhook?
There are two main types of events that can trigger a Webhook.
When a user submits an interaction on a content item, in addition to sending messages to users or teams in Activate, you can now trigger a Webhook. You can define what type of event notification to send, and which platform to send it to.
Webhooks can be sent for platform events as well:
- When a new user is created, invited, or removed
- When a new channel is created
- When content is added, removed, or ended
- When a payment is made or refunded
- and more!
How do I set up a Webhook?
Contact the Help Desk for help with creating and configuring Webhooks.
If you have any questions or need additional help, contact VTS Activate Support at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.