What is HID?
HID is a mobile access solution that works just like a physical access card except using your mobile phone and the Activate app.
- Why use Mobile Access?
- Configuring Mobile Access with HID
- Using Mobile Access with HID
- Administering HID Mobile Access
Why use Mobile Access?
Mobile access replaces access cards and key fobs by transforming your mobile device into a digital wallet that can store multiple access credentials and open doors by tapping or bringing your phone near an access reader.
That means no longer needing to touch passcards, readers or common area surfaces in order to walk through lobby turnstiles or to open building doors.
Configuring Mobile Access with HID
To begin, you must first be invited by your workplace administrator.
Open the invitation email from HID and make note of the 16 digit Invitation Code to be entered later.
Connect HID with Activate
- Open the Activate app and go to the Profile tab,
- Click on Workplace access settings,
- Click on HID,
- Click on Activate Code.
- Follow the instructions to choose how you want to use Mobile Access:
Make sure Bluetooth and Location Services is enabled:
- Review the information about how we use your location data:
- Enter the 16 digit Invitation Code:
Using Mobile Access with HID
- If you chose Unlock automatically, approach the entry door with your mobile phone in your person with the app running in the background. The door will unlock automatically. It may take a few moments the first time, but it will get faster from then on.
- If you chose Unlock while using the app, open the app to the foreground while approaching the door to unlock.
If you have any questions or need additional help, contact VTS Activate Support at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.