If you're new to Activate or have an issue with the app, you're in the right place. Try the tips in this guide to get you back on track.
Update your device
We're always improving the Activate app for the latest versions of Apple iOS and Android operating systems. Older versions of these operating systems might not give you the best experience though:
- iOS 11+: Go to Settings > General and check whether there is a Software Update available
- Android 8+: Go to App > Settings > Software update and check if there is an update available.
Update your app
Activate should update automatically, but sometimes the app's prevented from updating for a handful of reasons. Go to the app store and check whether there's a newer version to download:
Check your storage
A full device prevents new data from saving, and that can cause some issues. To check your storage:
- iOS: Go to Settings > General > Storage
- Android: Go to Settings > Device maintenance or Device care > Storage
If the storage space is almost full, try to delete some unnecessary items to free up space.
Check security settings
Security's important, but sometimes your organization can accidentally target approved apps like Activate. Ask your IT department for help—if you have a company-issued device, especially.
Asses your firewall situation
If the app works on a mobile data network but it stops working on wifi network, there might be a firewall preventing the app from sending or receiving data. Check with your IT department for more information.
Restart the app
Closing the app is different from minimizing it—closing and reopening the app makes sure all the basic settings are checked and verified.
- iOS: Swipe up from the bottom of the screen, find the Activate app, and swipe it up to the top of the screen.
- Android: Swipe up from the bottom, hold, then let go. Swipe up on the app.