In this article
- What is a Filter?
- In what scenarios can a filter be used?
- What types of filters are there?
- How do I use a filter?
- How do I create and apply a filter?
What is a Filter?
Filters allow you to easily sort and find content in your workplace. Filters are particularly helpful when viewing a large number of Pages in Dynamic Sections.
In what scenarios can a filter be used?
Filters can be used whenever there is a list of similar things that have different properties that a user may be looking for.
- A list of meeting rooms available for reservation that have different number of seats and amenities.
- A list of hot desks available for reservation that are available on different days or on different floors.
- A list of classes that are available for registration that fall under different categories (Yoga, Cardio, Weight Training)
- A list of events that are available for registration (Music, Art, Cuisine)
What types of filters are there?
There are two types of filters:
- Standard filters are based on a single data input type, such as a Number.
- Advanced filters are a custom list of icons and headings:
How do I use a filter?
To use a filter, select the green filter icon and select the options that you are looking for. In the example below, the user is looking for a Meeting Room that seats at least 10 and has a Phone. The list of five Meeting Rooms updates to show the three that meet the criteria:
How do I create and apply a filter?
Contact the Help Desk for help creating and applying a filter in your channel.
If you have any questions or need additional help, contact VTS Activate Support at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.
Article is closed for comments.