The Insights & Reports tab collects engagement analytics from across your channel where you can sort it and filter it as you like. In this guide, we'll break down how this data's collected and how you can get the most out of it.
- The Insights & Reports tab
- Active users
- Metrics definitions
- Using reports
- Downloading reports
- An overview of each report
The Insights & Reports tab
Insights & Reports is a data visualization tool and reporting engine available in the admin view. You can always find it on your navigation bar.
It's more in-depth than the Dashboard, which covers basic login data and the top 25 interactive pieces of content on your channel.
Insights & Reports is available to users who are part of the workplace admin team. You can also grant permission to a specific team that needs to see analytics on your content. To do so:
- Create or edit a team you want to have analytics permissions in Team management.
- Under Permissions, use the Analytics dropdown.
- Check This user can see analytics and This user can see Insights and Reports.
- Under Portal, select This user is an admin-like user.
The most important data point for your reports is active users. To give you the best sense of what's actually happening in your Channel, Activate relies on the number of active users as the main way to gauge activity.
In Activate, an active user is defined as anyone who has logged in within the last 24 months. Members are sent a warning email in the last month to give them one last chance to verify their account before their user is removed from Activate—this keeps your reporting fresh and reflective of what's actually going on in the platform.
Your reports in VTS Activate make a few assumptions and use terms you might have noticed across the platform. We'll go through each of them so you can be confident in what your metrics represent.
Members vs Users
Members are the people that use the app—excluding the admins that keep things running. Here are some important terms you'll see:
Members: People assigned the Workplace Member role
Users: Everyone in a channel, including admin users
Subscribed Members/Users: Users who have used the Channel in the last 2 years
Archived users: All members/users that have been removed due to inactivity
Content impressions vs views vs interactions
These are marketing terms you might already know. Here's what they mean in the Activate platform:
- Impression: a user scrolls past a piece of content.
- Unique impression: a distinct user scrolls past a piece of content on a given day.
- View: a user selects a piece of content and goes from the Info card to the details of the content.
- Unique View: a user selects a piece of content on a given day.
- Interaction: a user fills out information and submits a piece of interactive content.
- Unique Interaction: a distinct user fills out information and submits a piece of interactive content on a given day.
- Click-through-rate: What percentage of users who scrolled past a piece of content clicked on that content and viewed the page or post.
- Conversion rate: What percentage of users that clicked on a piece of interactive content submitted a response (survey response, maintenance request, promotion sign up etc.).
By default, the reports will usually you channel-wide data in the last month. To investigate longer trends, target specific types of content, or track other channels, use the filters at the top of the report, then click the refresh button.
To download a report, click the triple dots and select Download. You can schedule an email of your report here too, by selecting Schedule delivery.
|Note: Portfolio Analytics, Reservations, and Post Analytics require filters to be applied in order to download the reports. Portfolio Analytics and Reservations require Parent Name, while Post Analytics requires Content Name.
An overview of each report
The User Search dashboard lists all the users in the channel. You can sort, filter, and download the results of this report for further analysis in a database application or spreadsheet.
The User Activity dashboard shows information about the users in a channel. It tells you:
- How many monthly active members do I have in this property or group of properties?
- How has this changed over time?
- Which days saw the most new member sign ups?
- What are the most popular days of the week?
- Which tenants are driving property activity?
The Content Analytics dashboard explores how well content in a channel is reaching members:
- How much content has been created by the admins of this property?
- How many impressions/views/interactions are occurring on this channel?
- What percentage of my content is dedicated to Pages/Posts/Notices/Perks?
- What percentage of my engagement is driven by Pages/Posts/Notices/Perks?
- What is my top content by views?
- What is my top content by interactions?
- Which content categories generate the most traffic?
- What are my most popular days of the week for engagement?
The Post Analytics dashboard shows details about the popularity of a particular content item:
- How many people have viewed this content item?
- When did they view and interact with it?
- Which companies do the members who viewed and interacted with it belong to?
- How many notifications were sent to members and how many were opened?
- How many times did members click on links within the content item?
The Reservations dashboard shows details about the utilization of amenities.
- Which channels generate the most reservations?
- Which company tenants make the most reservations?
- How many reservations are made on a monthly basis?
- Which teams make the most reservations?
- Which amenities are the most popular?
- When are future bookings being made?
The Portfolio Analytics dashboard is designed to compare the activity between two or more properties in a portfolio based on the following factors:
- Number of users adopting and using Activate on a daily and monthly basis.
- The top Channels based on activity, content creation, and engagement.
- The top Content items that generate the most engagement from members.
- The top Companies that have the most engaged members.
|💡 Note: You'll need to have admin access to the parent level of your channels to be able to run this report.