Invite guests lets members enter the names and email addresses of visitors and send information to them in advance of their visit.
When you create RSVPs or building visit forms, add this feature to let a member invite another member in the channel or outside visitors as a guest to the interaction.
When someone's invited through this feature, they'll get an email with the event information and a QR code. If the guest is already a member, they can check their information in the Activate app too.
When you enable this feature, make sure you add the invite guests content block to your Post or Page.
If you only want outside guests to be included, toggle show an option to invite existing users off. If it's on, submitters can search for existing members in the channels they have access to. You can also set a minimum and maximum limit on the number of guests a member can add.
If you want to customize the message you send to guests, use workflows to send an email to guests invited by the user.
Combine this feature with the following for more options:
- Cancelling: lets the member cancel.
- Number of entries: limit how many guests someone can invite in a given period.
- Time reset: limit guest invites to a time period, like once a day.
- Time availability: choose a viable time period, like working hours for the reception desk.
- Reservable: add a date and time calendar where the member can indicate when the guests are expected to arrive
- Statuses: When used with Workflows, you can create automatic messages that are sent to relevant parties when a guest registration is created, approved, rejected, or cancelled. You can alert building security or reception about an impending visit, or send a text alert to the host when their guest arrives.
- QR Code Scanning: When used with Statuses, Workflows, and Mobile Admin, a team member can scan the guest's QR Code and automatically change the status to "Arrived" or "Waiting" and alert the host through one or more Workflow methods.