What is importing and exporting?
The import and export tool is a method for quickly recreating content.
Pages and Posts can be exported in a format that can be easily shared as an attachment with another content creator.
What if I have access to the content I want to copy?
Then you don't need to export, you can simply search and select the content you want to copy in the platform, or select a template as another starting point. Import/Export should only be used when you don't have access or can't find the content you want to copy.
- To export content, go to the Admin View and to the Content or Page Center, depending on the type of content you want to export.
- Open the Page or Post you want to copy and select Edit.
- Select the "..." menu, to the left of the un-publish button.
- Select Export to unlock the export menu for your content.
- Select all of the content components for export.
- Select Export to download the JSON file. The JSON file can then be imported into a new Page or Post to easily duplicate your creation!
To import an exported JSON file:
- Create a new Post or Page.
- In the Info Step click on the 3 dots to reveal the Import and Export buttons.
- Select Import from File.
- Browse to the downloaded JSON file and select it. Select Open.
- Select the components to import. Generally, we advise importing all components.
- Select Import.
And that's it! Edit the content as desired and you are good to go!
What about images?
When exporting, images are not downloaded with the JSON file.
Instead, the export file contains a pointer that shows where to find the image in the platform when the content is re-imported. Images should reappear in the imported content as normal.
If you have any questions or need additional help, contact VTS Activate Support at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.