VTS works with partners to enable our shared customers and their users to access our respective platforms as seamlessly as possible.
VTS offers multiple integration options. Depending on the complexity of the partner system and intended workflow, some may be preferable over others:
- External Link: The most basic option that opens an external link in a new browser tab or mobile application leading to the partner system. This approach has no technical requirements and can be easily achieved at any point.
- Embedded: An embedded view of the partner application that enables users to navigate the application from within the VTS Activate platform. This functionality requires the partner application to have a web interface (i.e. be viewable from an internet browser), preferably with responsive capabilities to fit mobile devices. These minimal requirements represent a simple setup with no maintenance effort and result in an almost seamless connection between the two applications.
- Embedded with Authentication: A combination of the above with an authentication process. This approach uses authentication from Activate to log the user into the partner application. In this integration Activate takes the position of an authentication provider so that a user navigating the partner application would be a validated and logged-in user. Adding the authentication part to the embedded integration retains the seamless look while significantly improving the user experience by not asking them to log in to the partner application from within Activate.
- API: Development of a custom workflow using the Activate API, typically by pushing data (such as user or building information) to Activate or retrieving data from Activate. This is primarily used for backend integration only, it generally will not touch the frontend. The requirements of this integration would be dependent on the complexity of the workflow and the agreed development timeline.
- Hybrid: A combined workflow using an Embedded integration with Authentication that’s augmented with additional API options. The requirements of this integration would be dependent on the complexity of the workflow and the agreed development timeline.
If you have any questions or need additional help, contact VTS Activate Support at email@example.com and we will be happy to advise.