(Read Time: 2 Minutes)
If you're unable to log in to VTS, select a scenario from the list below and jump to the appropriate section for guidance.
Note: VTS doesn't have access to see your password, nor do we have the ability to change it. This is for your security and ours!
Jump to a section:
- I Don't Remember My Password
- My Password Isn't Working
- VTS Is Asking Me To Reset My Password, But I Don't Remember My Current Password
- My Account's Locked
- I'm Not Receiving My Password Reset/Unlock Email
- I Use Single Sign-On (SSO), And It Is Not Working
1. I Don't Remember My Password
If you don't remember your password, you'll need to reset it. Select the Forgot Password link on the VTS sign in page.
Once you click this link, you'll be required to enter your email address and request to reset your password.
If you have an active VTS account, you'll receive an email with a link to reset your password.
Note: This link expires after two hours and will only work once. If you need to generate a new reset link, repeat the Forgot Password workflow above.
If you're not receiving the password reset email, try section 5 below.
2. My Password Isn't Working
If you're trying to log in and the password you have saved isn't working, here are a few things you can check:
- Is your password being auto-populated by your browser or some other plugin? If so, it could be auto-populating incorrectly. Try manually typing in your password to see if that works. If not, consider resetting your password.
- Make sure your email address is entered correctly. Check for typos and/or extra characters and spaces.
- Are you seeing the "Your account has been disabled. Please contact email@example.com for assistance" message? If so, it means your account's been disabled. This can happen for a number of reasons, so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. VTS Is Asking Me To Reset My Password, But I Don't Remember My Current Password
If you attempt to log in to VTS and you're taken to a screen requiring you to reset your password, it's because your company or one of your clients has a setting enabled that requires you to reset your password every two months.
Type in your current password along with a new password. If you don't know or remember your current password, you'll need to work around this requirement to get your password reset and logged in.
- Open a private browsing window. In Chrome, this is called "Incognito" and can be done by pressing ctrl+shift+N on your keyboard.
- Navigate to app.vts.com and click the Forgot Password link on the login page. Follow the steps to request a password reset.
- Once you receive the password reset email, don't click the link. Instead, right-click the link and copy it.
- Go back to your private browser from step 2, paste the link, and go. This will take you to a password reset page where you don't need to enter your current password.
- Set a new password and save.
Once complete, return to your normal browser, refresh the page, and log in using your new password.
4. My Account's Locked
The only way an account becomes locked is if there have been three unsuccessful login attempts in a row.
If you find that your account is locked, please check your email inbox for an email titled "Unlock Instructions" from email@example.com. This email email contains a link to immediately unlock your account.
5. I'm Not Receiving My Password Reset/Unlock Email
Since these emails are automatically generated, they can sometimes be flagged as spam by email clients. If you don't receive the password reset or unlock email, please check your spam or junk folders.
If you've checked in those folders and the email isn't there either, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support.
6. I Use Single Sign-On (SSO), And It's Not Working
Because of the nature of SSO, there are many different set-up configurations that can change how SSO specifically works for your account. The first thing to check is whether you're using the same email address to log in to VTS as you use to log in to your company's domain. These email addresses should always match.
If you're using the correct email address and SSO still isn't working for you, reach out to email@example.com so we can look into things with you.
Something we missed? Contact Us at the top of your screen to let us know.