(Read Time: 2 Minutes)
If you are unable to log in to VTS, please see the list of reasons below and jump to the appropriate section for further guidance.
Note: VTS does not have access to see your password, nor do we have the ability to change it. This is for your security and ours!
Jump to a section:
- I Don't Remember My Password
- My Password Isn't Working
- VTS Is Asking Me To Reset My Password, But I Don't Remember My Current Password
- My Account Is Locked
- I Am Not Receiving My Password Reset/Unlock Email
- I Use Single Sign-On (SSO) and It Is Not Working
1. I Don't Remember My Password
If you do not remember your password, you will need to reset it. To do so, select the Forgot Password link on the VTS sign in page:
Once you click this link, you will be required to put in your email address and then request to reset your password:
If you have an active VTS account, you will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
Note: This link expire after two hours and will only work once. So if you need to generate a new reset link, simply repeat the Forgot Password workflow.
If you are not receiving the password reset email, please refer to section 5 below.
2. My Password Isn't Working
If you are attempting to log in and the password you have saved isn't working, there are a few things to check:
- Is your password being auto-populated by your browser or some other plugin? If so, it could be auto-populating incorrectly. Try manually typing in your password to see if that works. If not, please follow the steps outlined in the first section to reset your password.
- Make sure that your email address has been entered correctly. Check for typos and/or extra characters and spaces.
- Are you seeing the "Your account has been disabled. Please contact email@example.com for assistance" message? If so, it means that your account has been disabled. This can happen for a number of reasons, so please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. VTS Is Asking Me To Reset My Password, But I Don't Remember My Current Password
If you attempt to log into VTS and are taken to a screen requiring you to reset your password, it is because your company or one of your clients has a setting enabled that requires you to reset your password every two months.
Doing so requires you to type in your current password along with a new password. If you don't know or remember your current password, you will need to work around this requirement to get your password reset and logged in.
- Open a private browsing window. In Chrome, this is called "Incognito" and can be done by pressing ctrl+shift+N on your keyboard. In Internet Explorer (IE11 or later), you can press ctrl+shift+P.
- Navigate to app.vts.com and click the Forgot Password link on the login page. Follow the steps to request a password reset.
- Once you receive the password reset email, do not click the link. Instead, right-click the link and copy it.
- Go back to your private browser from step 2, paste the link, and go. This will take you to a password reset page where you do not need to enter your current password.
- Set a new password and save.
Once complete, return to your normal browser, refresh the page, and log in using your new password.
4. My Account Is Locked
The only way for an account to become locked is if there have been three unsuccessful login attempts in a row.
If you find that your account is locked, please check your email inbox for an email titled "Unlock Instructions" from email@example.com. This email email contains a link to immediately unlock your account.
5. I Am Not Receiving My Password Reset/Unlock Email
Since these emails are automatically generated, they can sometimes be flagged as spam by email clients. If you do not receive the password reset or unlock email, please check your spam or junk folders.
If you've checked in those folders and the email is not there either, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support!
6. I Use Single Sign-On (SSO) and It Is Not Working
Because of the nature of SSO, there are many different set-up configurations that can change how SSO specifically works for your account. The first thing to check is whether you are using the same email address to log into VTS as you use to log into your company's domain. These email addresses should always match.
If you are using the correct email address and SSO is still not working for you, please reach out to email@example.com so we can look into things further with you.
Something we missed? Message us by clicking the "Contact Support" icon along the top of your screen to pass along your question or suggestion directly to our support team..