In this article
What are Templates?
Templates are pre-designed content that allow you to quickly and efficiently create items without having to go through the entire content setup process.
What are VTS Templates?
VTS templates are global templates created by VTS and available to everyone. You might be familiar with them if you've followed one of our tutorials.
What are Channel Templates?
Channel Templates are specific to your channel and can be created and managed by your admin team in the Template Library.
Your admin team can create new Channel Templates and then edit them to suit different situations to make content creation consistent, easy and fast!
In order to be able to create and manage Channel templates, please make sure that User Template Library is enabled in Channel Settings.
Creating a Channel Template
To create a Channel template:
- Login to your Channel as Workplace Admin and switch to Admin View.
- Under the Content tab, select Template Library.
- Select New Template.
- Select a Template type:
- Page: for permanent content like amenities, room bookings, visitor management, and other such content that do not expire.
- Post: for short term content like events, contests, and surveys.
- Perk: for perks created in a Retailer channel.
- Promotion: for promotions created in a Property channel.
- After selecting a type, add Template Name and Notes describing the template and select Next.
|Note: The Template Name and Notes are only visible to other users who can access and manage the Template Library.|
- In the next step, add a Title, and Description.
- Add an eye-catching Background image from the Channel’s image library or upload an image from your computer.
- Choose a Category appropriate to your template from a list of categories in the drop down menu.The template will appear under the selected Category when creating content.
- Add a Reporting Group from the list.This is used by Insights & Reports and usually matches the Category.
- Select Save and Next to go to the Editor.
- Design the template in the Editor step by adding Hero, Info, Rich text, and other content blocks as needed and select Save.
|Note: You cannot add Workflows to a template.|
|💡 Pro Tip: Use channel’s branding color palettes for icons to ensure a consistent look throughout the content.|
- The template is now created and is available under Channel’s Templates in the Category selected in the Info Step (in this example: Event).
Article is closed for comments.