Charge Codes allow Property Admins to map out charges on the platform. They can be set up for anything that you collect payments for at your property such as, but not limited to: rent, amenity spaces, and maintenance fees. Charge Codes can be used to issue a single charge or create a recurring charge.
In this article, you will learn how to:
Settings for Charge Codes
After logging into the Admin Portal, select Settings then Property Settings.
Ensure Do you want to track charges for Work Orders on Ledger? and Do you want to track charges for Reservations on Ledger? are both marked Yes if applicable. This will open more options for selecting the Charge Codes to be applied.
Select Submit at the bottom of the screen.
Creating a Charge Code
Select Advanced in the navigation menu, followed by Payment Settings under Financials.
Select Charge Codes in the top navigation.
Select Add Charge Code in the upper corner.
A pop-up window will appear to create the Charge Code. Complete the fields.
- Global Charge Code: Select the category you are looking to create a Charge Code for. If the Global Charge Codes do not match what you are looking for, select Other.
- Code: This is where you set the name of the Charge Code.
- Description: Property Admins can add any additional details.
Select Submit when completed.
Assigning a Charge Code
In the navigation menu, select Advanced, followed by Charges under Financials.
Under Charges in the top navigation, select Add in the upper corner. This will create a drop-down, select Charge.
Complete the fields to create the Charge.
- Charge for All Unit / Individual Unit: Determines if the charge applies to all units or for a specific unit and resident.
- Unit: Select the Unit the Resident is under from the list.
- Resident: Select the Resident the charge is for.
- Do you want to associate this charge with a service?: Options include None, Work Orders, or Reservations.
- Select Service: This option will appear if Work Orders or Reservations are selected. Property Admins can select the specific Reservation or Work Order to have a Charge Code tied to it.
- Charge Type: Options for One Time or Recurring. Recurring is not available for Charges associated with a service.
- Post Month: The Charge will default to the current month.
- Due Date For Charge: Enter the date the charge is due.
- Charge Code: Select the Charge Code you wish to apply to the charge.
- Description: Pulls the description of the Charge Code.
- Charge Amount: Enter the amount that is due.
- Notes: Add any notes about the charge.
- + Add Charge: Can add additional Charge Codes to the Charge.
|Note: When creating a recurring charge additional fields will appear for its setup.|