On this page
- Using QR Code to Enter the Building
- Pre-Authorized Visitors
- Un-Expected or Non-Pre-Authorized Visitors
Using the Visitor Kiosk
- How to enter the Property using your QR Code
- How Pre-Authorized Visitors enter the Property
- Workflow for Unexpected or Non-Pre-Authorized Visitors
Using QR Code to Enter the Building
Residents can use the QR Code Quick Action Button to enter the building or space at a Visitor Kiosk. This setting must be an enabled function assigned to the Resident.
Upon logging into the Resident App, select QR Code from the Quick Action Buttons navigation.
Scan your personal QR code at the Visitor Kiosk.
Pre-Authorized Visitors are individuals that have been credentialed by the Resident. They have a valid Visitor Pass for the date and time they are attempting to use their pass at the property.
To learn how to create a Visitor Pass, please see the Creating and Managing Visitors Guide.
Un-Expected or Non-Pre-Authorized Visitors
- If video calling is enabled at the property:
- The resident receives a notification on their mobile device through the VTS Rise App.
- Two-way communication is established. The Resident will be able to see the visitor via video chat.
- Upon accepting the call, the Resident can choose to enable a two-way video chat.
- The resident can choose Grant Access to end the call and allow visitor entry to the building.
- If the resident does not have a smartphone or video calling enabled, the Kiosk will prompt an automated call to the primary phone number on file. The resident will be prompted to press 1 to allow entry and press 2 to deny entry.
- If video calling is not enabled at the property:
- Resident will receive a push notification asking to admit entry. If the push notification goes unanswered, the kiosk will send an automated call to the resident’s phone number on file. The resident will be prompted to press 1 to allow entry and press 2 to deny entry.
Video Calling Requirements
- Both the property and resident must have video calling enabled.
- The resident must have push notifications from the Visitor Kiosk enabled on their mobile device.
- Resident must be logged into the App.