On this page
The Events feature gives the building a great opportunity to increase awareness of events they host and promote a sense of community. In this article, you will learn how to:
- Create an Event
- Manage your Events
- Event Status
- Enable and Disable Your Users to Create Events
- Allow Occupants to Send Events to their Own Tenant Space
- Event Reporting
Create an Event
Upon logging into the Admin Portal, select Create New Event under Boost Engagement.
Add your event details.
- Cover Image: Add an image to be displayed as the event cover image by selecting the add image icon.
- Title: Include a title for the event.
- Location: Include the location of the event.
- Description: Enter details about the event. Links can be provided here.
- Show on Home Page: Posts your event to the landing page as well as in the events section.
- Start and End Time: Select the date(s) and time when your event begins and ends. If your event is an all-day event, select the radio box immediately below.
- Repeat: Repeats can be set up for Never, Every Day, Every Week, Every 2 Weeks, On The Same Day Every Month, and Custom.
- This allows a series event to be shown under the events section and automatically updates the date as time goes on in the quick-view area
- Recurring Events are intended to be used for building events. Events set up this way will show the same event description as all of the other dates. It is meant for building events where one can RSVP to certain dates.
- Publish Now or Schedule for Later: This allows you to determine when the event is published to your occupants. If you choose to schedule later, you may make edits to the event details up until the date/time you selected the event to publish.
- Collect RSVPs: You are able to collect RSVPs either natively using VTS Rise or with an external link, such as Facebook or Eventbrite. This will create a Call to Action button.
- Hide RSVP Attendee List: This allows you to anonymize your event list to your attendees.
- Limit number of attendees?: This allows you to have an RSVP cutoff.
- Send notification for each new RSVP: (if applicable) Enter the email(s) of all individuals you would like to receive email notifications for each RSVP.
- Enable Comments: All comments added to the event are posted immediately and do not require Property Manager approval. Comments can be deleted by the Property Manager.
- Do you want to send push notifications to users?: Send additional notifications for your event by pushing a notification to the occupant's smart device (the occupant can disable push notifications in their settings).
- Send event via email: Sends the event to occupant emails in the Property Management Portal upon selecting Submit.
- Attached File: Additional media section to create event excitement. You may attach multiple images and/or PDFs to the event. They will become a scrolling carousel of images and documents.
- Allow everyone to view this event: Designate the event privacy. Can be designated by Tags, Occupant Types, Specific Occupant, Staff Roles, Specific Staff, and/or Assignment Categories.
Select Save to complete your event creation.
Manage your Events
Select Engagement from the left menu and select Events.
Select the three dots located under the Gear Icon for the event you would like to manage.
Select the action you would like to take.
- Details: View the details of the event including Guest List, Comments, and Activity Log, located at the bottom of the event page details.
- Edit: Edit the event details. Editing and saving changes will send a notification to end users that the event has been updated.
- Cancel/Enable: Cancel or re-enable previously canceled events.
- Deactivate: Removes the event from Occupant view, however, keeps the event on the Event List for management in the Admin Portal. Can be reactivated at a later date.
- Delete: Removes the event from Occupant view, and from the management Event List. If the event needs to be added back at a later date, it must be recreated.
- Send Notification: Sends the push/email notification to users that have access to see this event.
|Note: To bulk delete, deactivate, or activate an event select the check box next to the events you would like to act on and select the Select Action drop-down at the top of the screen.
The Status indicates that the post is/was active. When you deactivate a post (meaning you are temporarily removing it from the platform) it will change to Inactive.
To remove the Status from the Events page, select the gear icon in the top right corner and deselect the Status box.
|Rather than looking at Status, focus on the Ends at column if you don’t want to manually deactivate events.
How to Enable and Disable Your Users to Create Events
Occupant types allow you to assign feature sets to your occupants. Occupants designated as a Tenant Main Contact at your property may have more permissions than individuals designated as an Occupant.
To allow Occupants to post events, select Settings then Property Settings. Select Property Services in the upper navigation. Locate Occupants can create events. Select that box. Finally, select Save changes to save this setting.
Allow Occupants to Send Events to their Own Tenant Space
As an admin, you have the ability to turn on a setting allowing occupants to send events to just their tenant space.
Select Operations from the navigation menu, then select Occupant Management. In the drop-down menu that appears, select Occupants.
Select Occupant Types from the top navigation.
Select the Tenant Main Contact type using the 3 horizontal dots and select Details in the drop-down.
Select More in the top right corner, selecting Edit from the drop-down.
Select the checkbox next to Create for own Tenant and select Submit when you are done.
Select Engagement from the left menu and select Events.
Select the gear icon, located above the event listing report to enable/disable reporting columns. Select additional fields you would like to view in your table and select Submit.
To run a report, select Export as CSV in the upper corner.
|Note: The report will pull all items on the page if you would like additional fields, filtered items, or additional pages of events. Please ensure you have selected the fields, filters, and the number of viewable event items before selecting the export feature.