On this page
In this guide, you will learn about Openpath Integration and how it works with VTS Rise.
What is Openpath?
Openpath is a user management, visitor management, and access control integration. It allows the client to manage profiles in one place avoiding double data entry and creating a seamless visitor experience.
Data Flow and Synchronization Process
- During the initial Openpath setup, occupants are imported from Openpath to VTS Rise if they have an email address in Openpath
- Occupants that are imported from Openpath to VTS Rise will be associated with the Tenant 0000. They will then need to be manually assigned to the correct tenant.
- After the initial import, occupants should be created/updated/deleted in Openpath. These changes will be reflected in VTS Rise via nightly sync, as outlined below.
- A sync runs nightly to push any occupants that have been created in OpenPath to VTS Rise. These occupants will be placed into Tenant 0000 and must be moved to their correct tenant in VTS Rise.
- Changes to occupants and their access levels must be made on Openpath.
- There is an option to sync users from VTS Rise to Openpath. This option should only be used if a property requires self-signup; the best practice is to use Openpath as the source of truth. Please speak with your Implementation Manager to see if self-signup functionality applies to your building.
- Workflow if an occupant self-registers for the app and accepts mobile key prompts:
- Visitors are synced from VTS Rise to Openpath.
- Visitor Details (Name + Email) & Visitor Schedule
- Visitors need either an email address or a phone number added to the pass in order to receive the pass notification.
- Process: Visitors are created from the VTS Rise portal, Staff portal or User app. Visitors are then pushed to Openpath; their access levels are determined by the tenant who has invited them. These access control groups must be associated with the tenant in the VTS Rise portal.
- If a visitor’s details or schedule are changed, that visitor is deleted from Openpath, and a new visitor is created with the updated details.
Access Control Group Syncing
- Access control groups are imported from Openpath to VTS Rise via a nightly sync.
- Access is determined by Openpath, any access level changes should be made in Openpath.
- If a user is not given access on Openpath, they will be assigned a default access group determined by the property until that user’s access levels are defined in Openpath.
- Access Control Groups in VTS Rise are called Zones in Openpath.
Access Log Syncing
- Access logs are automatically synced from Openpath to VTS Rise.
- Access logs can be viewed in the VTS Rise Admin Portal by selecting Access > Access Logs
Openpath Credential Syncing
- Openpath credentials are provisioned by Openpath and can be held by a user on Rise after the user selects Yes to the mobile key access prompt upon logging into the app.
- These credentials reset every 7 days and may take a few minutes to sync into Openpath.