On this page
Building Engines Integration
In this guide you will learn about the Integration Building Engines and how it works with VTS Rise.
What is Building Engines?
Building Engines is a work order management integration. This allows work orders to be created in VTS Rise and pushed to Building Engines.
The following data is synced from Building Engines to VTS Rise:
- Tenants: Tenants are pulled from VTS Rise via Tenant admin email and mapped to the correct floors and suites.
- Suites and floors: Floors are imported first, then Suites are added to floors.
- Work orders, problems, categories and work order status updates.
Sync methods between VTS Rise and Building Engines
- Work orders, problems, floors and suites can be manually synced from the VTS Rise admin portal.
- A programmed nightly update is run daily at midnight (Local time of your property) to import the following from Building Engines to VTS Rise:
- Problems: If a problem is deleted in building Engines, it is then deleted form VTS Rise during the nightly sync. If a problem is updated in Building Engines, then it is updated in VTS Rise during the sync.
- Floors and Suites.
- A work order created in VTS Rise will sync to Building Engines immediately. Then all actions are taken in Buildings Engines, syncing status changes to VTS Rise. Once a work order is closed in VTS Rise, an email and app notification will be sent to the end user.
- A sync is run every 15 minutes to sync Work order status updates from Building Engines to VTS Rise.
- Tenants are manually imported from Building Engines when the tenant administrator email is entered in the VTS Rise Property Settings.
|A VTS Rise representative must make this configuration. To do so send your implementation manager a list of tenant admin email addresses associated with the tenants that need to be added to VTS Rise.|
Work order syncing
- Work orders are pushed from VTS Rise to Building Engines. Currently, work order attachments such as PDFs and photos are not pushed from VTS Rise to Building Engines.
- Work order statues are imported from Building Engines to VTS Rise. They can only be updated in Building Engines.
- Work order problems are imported to VTS Rise from Building Engines. All work order problems are mapped to the category "All."
|Work orders synced from Rise will appear in Building Engines as coming from the email of the tenant admin listed in the Property Settings call field.|
Work Order Statuses
|Building Engines Status||VTS Rise Status|
|In Progress||In Progress|
Complete*Closure note is added: Completed by Building Management
*Closure note is added: Rejected by Building Management
*Closure note is added: Canceled by Building Management
Updating Tenant Names
If you need to update or change a Tenant Name, please reach out to your VTS Rise contact for assistance.
|For further questions on the integration or on how to establish the integration, please reach out to the Client Success team at VTS Rise!|