On this page
What is Datawatch?
Datawatch is an Access control integration that offers functionality to sync different types of data between systems and allows all user information to be synced in one place.
The integration between VTS Rise and Datawatch offers functionality to sync different types of data between the systems to accomplish the following:
- Single source of truth: Occupants and Tenants are synced from Datawatch to VTS Rise allowing all user information to be managed in one place.
- To Make Changes: All users should be created, edited, and deleted within Datawatch and those changes will reflect in VTS Rise.
- Visitors: A visitor can be created in Rise and that visitor is created within Datawatch allowing seamless access to the building.
- Mobile Credentials: The VTS Rise app allows users to hold HID mobile credentials on their mobile device to seamlessly access locks and readers.
Data Flow and Sync Process
Data Syncing from Datawatch to VTS Rise:
- Tenants are synced one way from Datawatch to VTS Rise
- When Tenants are deleted in Datawatch, they are also deleted from VTS Rise during the next sync
- Occupants are mapped to Tenants and synced one way from Datawatch to VTS Rise
- Occupants without an email address are not synced to VTS Rise.
- When Occupants are deleted in Datawatch, they are also deleted from VTS Rise during the next sync
- Visitors are synced from VTS Rise to Datawatch. Visitor Details such as name and visitor schedule will sync.
- Visitors are created from the VTS Rise admin portal, Staff portal or User app. Visitors are then pushed to Datawatch with the access level granted in VTS Rise.
- Visitor Passes can be created for Today, Specific Date, and Daily pass types. Multiple schedule passes and weekly passes are not available.
- If a visitor’s details or schedule are changed in VTS Rise, those changes will reflect in Datawatch.
- Duplicate visitors are not allowed in Datawatch under the same user. The same user cannot send multiple visitor passes to the same visitor, regardless of visitor schedule.
VTS Rise and Datawatch Sync Methods
- A nightly sync occurs for Tenants, Occupants, Access Control Groups, and Access Logs. These can also be synced manually from the VTS Rise Portal.
- Visitors will be added to Datawatch immediately once created in VTS Rise, visitors deleted in VTS Rise will also be deleted in Datawatch.
- Visitors are pushed into Datawatch immediately regardless of the pass schedule.
Tenant Access Flow
- Tenants must be assigned to their access control group through the VTS Rise PM portal.
- Tenants can only be assigned to one access control group.
Forgotten Badge Flow
- Printing a forgotten badge will push a temporary credential into Datawatch, which will create a valid pass until the end of that day.
- Forgotten badge QR Code Range / prefix needed.
- Client provides VTS Rise with an open range of credentials that can be dedicated to forgotten badges.
- QR range will be used for forgotten badges only, not for visitors. Visitors will get a QR String from Datawatch when the user is pushed in.
- Allowing Mobile Access on the VTS Rise app will fetch a credential from HID and automatically push the credential to Datawatch.
If your property is utilizing self-registration, Property Admins will be sent an email with the user's information once they have completed self-registration. You will then need to add it to Datawatch in order for the mobile credentials and access groups to work. The user's email must be added to Datawatch, as it acts as the source of truth. Occupants sync from Datawatch to VTS Rise. If the email has already been added to Datawatch, the self-registration will auto-sync.
|For further questions on the integration or on how to establish the integration, please reach out to the Client Success team at VTS Rise!|