On this page
In this guide you will learn about the integration VTS Rise has with Genea.
What is Genea?
Genea is a user management, visitor management, and access control (ACS) integration. It allows you to manage profiles in one place, avoiding double data entry and create a seamless visitor experience.
The following data is synced from Genea to VTS Rise:
- Access Control Groups
Data Flow and Synchronization Process
- VTS Rise syncs tenant name from Genea.
- VTS Rise syncs first name, last name, email, phone number from Genea for Occupants.
- Occupants must have an email address in their Genea profile in order to sync to VTS Rise.
- Access Control Groups.
|If you would like to create a new tenant that will not use your Genea ACS, but will need app access, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.|
- Visitors are synced from VTS Rise to Genea.
- Visitor details such as name, email and visitor schedule will sync.
- Visitors are created from the VTS Rise admin portal, staff portal or user app. Visitors are then pushed to Genea with the access level granted in VTS Rise.
- If a visitor's details or schedule are changed, that visitor is then deleted and a new visitor is created with the updated details.
VTS Rise and Genea Sync Methods
- Tenants, occupants and access control groups are synced from Genea to VTS Rise during the nightly sync. These can also be synced manually from the VTS Rise admin portal.
- VTS Rise only imports Genea users who's status is "Active." If the user has any other status, one of the two scenarios will happen
- If they were never synced previously, that user will not be synced until their status changes to "Active."
- If they have already been synced to Rise, that user will be deleted in the next sync.
- A separate update is run at midnight (Local time of your property) to delete the previous days visitors from the Genea system and add new visitors for the day. Visitors can also be deleted from the VTS Rise portal, which will be reflected in Genea.
If your property is utilizing self-registration, you will need to add the occupant's email to Genea. When a user submits for self-sign-up, Property Admins will be sent an email and will then need to add it to Genea in order for their mobile credentials and access groups to work. The user's email must be added to the Genea as it acts as the source of truth. Occupants sync from Genea to VTS Rise. If the email has already been added to Genea, the self-registration will auto-sync.
|For further questions on the integration or on how to establish the integration, please reach out to the Client Success team at VTS Rise!|