Rise Lift for Commercial Admins
Rise Lift adds functionality to access management by bringing VTS Rise directly to the elevator. Rise Lift can determine who is in the elevator and bring them to the floors they are allowed access to. In this article, you will learn:
- How to Use Rise Lift
- Occupants Using Rise Lift
- Requirements for Rise Lift
- How to add your property logo to Rise Lift
How to Use Rise Lift
With end-to-end secure access enablement, VTS Rise ensures a seamless and secure experience for occupants and visitors. As part of our access solution, Rise Lift enables secure elevator access to credentialed occupants and visitors and can be layered on top of existing systems.
|Rise Lift runs in parallel to the property's Access Management System. We do NOT override their system.|
The VTS Rise app can contain mobile credentials from major manufacturers. Use your existing infrastructure and mobile-enabled readers to enable mobile phone-based access without any hardware installation.
Visitor Using Rise Lift
When a visitor is coming to a property that has access control enabled through VTS Rise, the visitor will receive a visitor's pass via text or email. The visitor's pass will include a QR Code that will be used at the visitor kiosk (either to gain access to the building or to check in at a front desk) and then used again at the elevator (Rise Lift), giving them access to their assigned floor(s).
This makes the experience seamless for the user as they enter the front door and access the elevator.
Occupants Using Rise Lift
When an occupant is engaging with our access control hardware, they do not use a visitor's pass (because they are not a visitor at the property). Occupants will use the My QR Code quick action button to scan at the visitor kiosk and Rise Lift. My QR Code is a QR Code that is unique to each occupant at the property.
What are the Requirements for Rise Lift?
We are able to bring Rise Lift alive with the following hardware:
- Cat-6 Cable - Supplies both Power and Internet to Rise Lift in a reliable, hardwired way.
- Network Switch Adapter - What the Cat-6 Cable plugs into. The Network Switch Adapter provides Power over Ethernet (PoE).
- CoAxial (COAX) Cable - A cable that runs with the elevator physically as it moves up and down the elevator shaft. This is used when a Rise Lift device is installed inside the elevator.
|Our hardware team will always coordinate the installation of Rise Lift and ensure the property has the appropriate supplies for us to install the device.|
Traditional Elevators - In Cab Requirements
- An Access Control System connected to the elevator OR the ability for the elevator controller to use Rise Relays.
- An elevator traveling cable with available data ports.
- Elevator panel cutout and wiring for the tablet installation. The tablet requires a POE connection.
- Select tablet size (mini tablet, or mobile phone).
Exterior Mounted or In-Lobby Tablet Requirements
- An Access Control System connected to the elevator or the ability for the elevator controller to use Rise Relays.
- Selection of tablet mounting options (wall mount, pedestal, desktop stand, exterior kiosk).
- POE cable that runs to each tablet device and each relay device.
- A tablet installed for every bank of elevators.
How to Add a Property Logo to Rise Lift
Log onto the Admin Portal and select Access from the left navigation menu. Then select Rise Lift and finally Settings.
Select Add logo image. Recommended size (in pixels) for logo images is 100 X 200. After your logo has been uploaded, select the Submit button in the bottom right corner.
If you currently have a Rise Lift elevator solution at your property and have any changes that need to be made OR if you are interested in adding Rise Lift to your property, please reach out to your main point of contact at VTS Rise.
If you do not know who your point of contact at VTS Rise is, please reach out to email@example.com.
Article is closed for comments.