Lenel S2 Integration
In this guide, you will learn about the Integration Lenel S2 and how it works with VTS Rise.
What is Lenel S2?
Lenel S2 is a user management, visitor management and access control integration. It allows you to manage profiles in one place, avoiding double data entry and create a seamless visitor experience.
During the initial setup, the property manager will choose one of the following as the Occupant Sync direction:
- Lenel S2 to VTS Rise
- Note: Multi-Integration is not supported when syncing Occupants from Lenel S2 to VTS Rise
- VTS Rise to Lenel S2
- Note: Multi-Integration is supported when syncing Occupants from VTS Rise to Lenel S2
The following data is synced:
- Access Control Groups
Data flow and synchronization process from Lenel S2 to VTS Rise
- Tenants are synced one way from Lenel S2 to VTS Rise.
- When tenants are deleted in Lenel S2 they are also deleted from VTS Rise during the next sync.
- Tenants are also deleted from VTS Rise if no users are associated with the tenants on VTS Rise.
- Occupants are mapped to tenants and synced one way from Lenel S2 to VTS Rise
- Occupants must have an email address in their S2 profile in order to sync to VTS Rise.
- When Occupants are deleted in Lenel S2 they are also deleted form VTS Rise during the next sync
Note: Please reach out to your VTS Rise contact if you need to change an occupant's tenant.
Tenant and Occupants syncing from VTS Rise to Lenel S2
- Tenants are synced one way from VTS Rise to Lenel S2. When tenants are deleted from VTS Rise, they are also deleted from Lenel S2.
- Occupants are mapped to tenants and pushed from VTS Rise to Lenel S2. When Occupants are deleted from VTS Rise, they are also deleted from Lenel S2.
- Visitors are synced from VTS Rise to Lenel S2.
- Visitor details such as name, email OR phone number, visitor schedule, credential number, and access level sync.
- Visitor access levels are assigned in VTS Rise at the tenant level.
- Visitors are created from the VTS Rise admin portal, Staff portal or User app. Visitors are then pushed to Lenel S2 with the access level granted in VTS Rise.
- If a visitor’s details or schedule are changed, that visitor is deleted from Lenel S2, and a new visitor is created with the updated details.
- A nightly CRON job runs to sync Tenants, Occupants, Access Control Groups, and Access Logs. These can also be synced manually from the VTS Rise Portal.
- A separate CRON job is run at midnight (local time of the property) to delete the previous day’s visitors from the Lenel S2 system and add new visitors for the day.
- Visitors can also be deleted from the VTS Rise Portal, which will be reflected in Lenel S2.
If your property is utilizing self-registration, Property Admins will be sent an email with the user's information once they have completed self-registration. You will then need to add it to Lenel S2 in order for the mobile credentials and access groups to work.
For further questions on the integration or on how to establish the integration, please reach out to the Client Success team at VTS Rise!